Get Cosy With Bonfire Cupcakes
Fill your holiday home with the delicious scent of bonfire night with our delicious cinnamon and ginger cupcakes recipe. Pull on your scarves and gloves and huddle around a crackling bonfire with these tasty mini-bonfire treats.
Bake at 180°C (160°C fan oven) or gas mark 4 for 20 minutes
1 tbsp milk
150g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
150g self-raising flour
150g soft brown sugar
Half tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
Red, orange and yellow food colouring
1 box of orange or honeycomb Matchmakers®
110g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
440g icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven).
- Add paper muffin cases to muffin tin. Brown paper cases are most effective.
- Cream together butter and sugar into a fluffy texture. Use a hand-held whisk or a wooden spoon.
- Whisk eggs and, in a separate bowl, add cinnamon and ginger to the flour.
- Gradually stir in eggs and flour to the mixture using a large metal spoon.
- Add the milk and stir in.
- Divide mixture into paper cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until springy.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk or stir the butter until soft.
- Slowly add the icing sugar and milk and stir in.
- Separate into three bowls, then mix food colouring in to each batch.
- Spoon each colour into different sides of a piping bag.
- Pipe tall swirls onto each cupcake.
- Decorate with broken Matchmakers and Flakes to create a bonfire effect.