Attract Wildlife With Natural Bird Feeders
Bring the local wildlife to your holiday home’s door with these natural bird feeders, an ideal treat for hungry winter birds. Easy to make and a fun activity to share with the kids or grandkids, they can be made in any shape and hung from anywhere you like!
You will need:
- Around 25g gelatine
- 1pt jug of bird seed mix
- 1pt boiling water
- Drinking straws cut into thirds
- Cookie cutters (any shape will work)
- Garden twine or string
- Foil-lined tray
- Large bowl
- Large spoon
- Pour the boiling water and gelatine into a bowl, then stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Slowly add the birdseed to the liquid and stir until all seeds are covered.
- Arrange the cookie cutters on the foil-lined tray and spoon the mixture into each. Press in tightly with the spoon.
- Insert a straw to the top of each feeder (this is to make a hole for the string or twine).
- Place in the fridge for around 4 hours, then remove and leave to dry overnight.
- Carefully remove the straws from the feeders, then push the feeders out of the cutters.
- Thread the string or twine through the hole and tie in a knot.
Now it’s time to hang your feeders and for the feast to begin! We’d love to see pictures of your creations, why not share them on our Facebook page?