At Christmas we love to bring the communities together both on our park and in our local areas. Whether it’s supporting local businesses selling handmade Christmas gifts, indulging in treats from a local chocolate shop or raising money for local charities.
Want to get involved? We’ve shortlisted a few of our favourite ideas below…
- Help a food bank
Over the winter the food banks are busier than ever and need as much support from the community as possible to provide help and support to local people in crisis. Non-perishable in-date food is donated by the public at a range of places, such as schools, churches and businesses, as well as supermarket collection points. To find your local food bank, click here.
2. Volunteer with Crisis
At Christmas and throughout the year, Crisis helps people directly out of homelessness and campaigns for the social changes needed to solve it altogether. Each Christmas they mobilise a unique volunteering effort to provide warmth, companionship and vital services to people facing homelessness. Click here to find out more.
3. Arrange a few events to bring people together, for example;
- A Christmas day walk
- Get people together to watch a Christmas film
- Deliver a present to someone (this can be done through organisations such as The Salvation Army)
- Invite someone over for Christmas dinner
- Offer a taxi service for elderly people in your community who are unable to transport themselves on Christmas day
- Help someone with their Christmas shopping.
N.B. All holiday home images are for visual purposes only. All holiday homes will be provided according to the grade booked, however the holiday home model may vary upon arrival.