Contextual Image

Do you pay council tax on a holiday home or static caravan at a holiday park?

Are you considering buying a holiday home, lodge or static caravan?

If so, you’ll probably have one-thousand-and-one questions.

One of them might well be whether you’ll be required to pay council tax where the holiday park is. Here’s the answer!

Do I have to pay council tax on a holiday home or static caravan at a park?

The answer: NO. You do not pay council tax on the ownership of a home, lodge or static caravan at a holiday park in the UK. As long as the holiday home isn’t being used as your sole dwellings (also known as a residential holiday home), you won’t be liable to pay council tax on it.

Holiday homes do not count as main residences most of the time, and so are not classed as domestic property. This means means they do not incur council tax. Council tax is only paid on the property where you live; your main residence.

We could all do with less taxes, which is why we think this is just another reason to make your second home a holiday home. The same thing applies in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, too: no council tax payments on the ownership of a holiday park home.

  • Contextual Image

Ready to start your holiday home ownership journey?

At Park Leisure, you can choose from our gorgeous, luxury holiday parks. With a 12-month season, outstanding amenities and immaculate homes; each handpicked park sits within some of the most breath-taking locations in the UK.

Get in touch with our friendly team to make your holiday home ownership dream a reality.

  • Contextual Image

Sign up for exclusive Park Leisure news, offers and product updates via email

* indicates mandatory field
You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing our privacy policy.

Park Leisure 2000 Limited, Park Leisure 2000 (Cornwall) Limited and Park Leisure 2000 (Northumberland) Limited which are all registered in England (Reg. No’s 03352005,05262097 & 04268282) and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for consumer credit broking and general insurance & introduction activities under registration numbers 668081, 660778, 660777, 413870, 472809 & 414279