Whether you’re spending your half term having a staycation at one of our parks, visiting your home-from-home, or just relaxing with the family, these half term craft ideas are great to keep kids of all ages occupied!
Make your own play dough
You can keep the kids busy for hours with our homemade play dough recipe. It’s super easy to make and non-toxic, so great for little hands!
You will need:
1 ½ cups of flour
½ cup salt
1 ½ cups of boiling water
2 tbsp cream of tartar
2 tbsp oil (vegetable or olive oil)
Any additions such as glitter to make your play dough really sparkle!
1. Mix together your flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil.
2. Slowly add your water to your flour mixture, mixing in slowly until it forms a dough.
You may want to wear gloves for this step, so the food colouring doesn’t dye your hands.
3. Split your dough into sections then add in your food colouring, kneading until your colouring is mixed in.
4. Add in any additions such as glitter or sequins by gently kneading them in.
5. Get creative with your play dough!
This is a super simple craft for all ages and gets you outside in the fresh air to hide your new creations when you’re done!
You will need:
Smooth rocks, river rocks are our favourite thanks to their smooth edges
Modge podge sealer (to seal your rocks if you plan to place them outdoors)
- Select your rock you wish to paint then get creative. You can use inspiration from nature for your design or something that’s special to you.
- Sketch your chosen design onto your rock.
- Get painting. Think about if you want to use bright colours to make your rock stand out, or more natural tones so it blends in with it’s surroundings more.
- Allow your painted rock to dry.
- Once dry, coat your painted rock with modge podge, or other weather resistant sealant.
- Once your rock is dry, you’re ready to hide it for your adventures.
N.B. All holiday home images are for visual purposes only. All holiday homes will be provided according to the grade booked, however the holiday home model may vary upon arrival.