The perfect pancake, much like the perfect getaway, has various elements that work together harmoniously to create stacks of fun. Here at Park Leisure, we offer a uxury experience and our pancake recipes are no different!
Pancake Day is the perfect time to get family and friends together around your dining table, tucking into a pile of homemade pancakes and making great memories. From the fluffy American style, to the crisp crepe, we’ve got you covered. We’ve even got a vegan recipe, so everyone at the table can tuck in!
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 225ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 knob of butter, melted
- butter or oil for frying
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Pour in the milk then add the egg and melted butter. Beat well till the pancake batter is smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease with butter or vegetable oil. When the pan is hot, ladle the pancake batter into the pan.
- Cook each pancake till bubbles appear on the surface and the edges have gone slightly dry. Flip each pancake and cook for a minute or two on the other side, until golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favourite toppings, such as maple syrup or fresh berries. Enjoy!
- 125g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 120ml milk
- 120ml water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs.
- Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring as you go. Add the salt and butter then beat until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat with a small amount of butter or oil. Pour the batter in to the pan, using a ladle worth for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen the edges with spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot with your favourite toppings like lemon and sugar or chocolate and strawberries. Delicious!
- 200g plain flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 425ml soy milk / alternative plant milk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil / 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the milk, if the batter is too thick, add more milk until you get the perfect consistency.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and lightly coat with oil or some vegan butter if needed. Pour in a ladle of the batter, tilting the pan and spreading the batter around to cover the whole bottom of it.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the batter gets darker. Loosen the edges with a butter knife and flip the crepe. This is sometimes easier with a spatula.
- Cook 1 minute more until brown the other side of the crepe. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- They can be stored for about 5 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. Once cooled, stack them between layers of parchment paper and then keep them in a sealed container or a ziplock bag.
Whatever style you go for, these recipes are sure to go down a treat! Why limit them to one day a year? They make a great breakfast to set you up for a day of exploring on and around our parks. See our favourite picks of what’s going on in March near each of our 12 locations here.
N.B. All holiday home images are for visual purposes only. All holiday homes will be provided according to the grade booked, however the holiday home model may vary upon arrival.