We're absolutely barking mad for this dog treat recipe, that Park Leisure's Amina and her paw-some dog Piggy sent us. Bored at home and think your four-legged friend deserves a treat? Make sure you give it a go and send us your pictures on facebook or instagram!
What you'll need...
- 255g natural smooth peanut butter
- 180ml not-fat milk
- 1 large egg or 25g unsweetened apple sauce
- 245 whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 30g oats (whole-rolled or quick)
- 2–3 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped into lardons
- Preheat your oven to 165°C and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set to one side.
- In a large bowl gently mix together the wet ingredients (peanut butter, milk and egg/applesauce).
- Once combined, add in the flour and baking powder and knead into a floured surface until combined.
- Add the oats and bacon to your dough. (Your dough should be heavy)
- Using a floured rolling pin, cut into shapes using cookie cutters or a knife and arrange on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the bottom. Once browned on the bottom, flip the treats and bake for another 10 minutes
- Allow to cool completely before serving to your pup
At room temperature: Cover and store up to one week at room temperature.
Refrigerated: Cover and store for up to2 weeks
In the freezer: Treats will last 2 months, ensure treats are fully defrosted.
N.B. All holiday home images are for visual purposes only. All holiday homes will be provided according to the grade booked, however the holiday home model may vary upon arrival.