Holidaying across the UK can be a wonderful experience for the whole family and multi-generational holidays are becoming increasingly popular among families. Our recent study revealed that over half of the nation (51%) enjoy going on holiday with their grandparents and grandchildren.
As part of our research, we looked at the top destinations to consider when booking a multi-generational holiday and Cornwall (50%), the Yorkshire Dales (24%), and North Wales (20%) all featured highly, so here are some of our top tips on what to do when you're visiting these areas with your family:
Our Par Sands and Pentire Holiday parks are both situated in some of the best places to stay in Cornwall, providing access to this beautiful part of the British Isles and all the attractions it has to offer. We recommend:
- 1.The Eden Project: The Eden Project is a global garden featuring two biomes containing thousands of plant species from all around the world, one biome imitates a Mediterranean climate, the other a rainforest and it also has a beautiful botanical garden. This is a perfect, educational experience for children - but also an inspiring day out for adults.
- 2.Flambards Theme Park: With a variety of rides for everyone, Flambards is the perfect, fun-filled family day out. There’s an award-winning indoor attractions area and you can even step back in time with Flambards’ life-size Victorian village, or even experience Britain during the Blitz.
- 3.Land’s End: One of the most renowned landmarks in the UK, Land’s End is the most south westerly point of mainland Britain. Take in the breath-taking coastline and start exploring, there’s plenty to do nearby to keep everyone entertained such as restaurants, a shopping village, an ice cream parlour and more!
With spectacular scenery and tranquil surroundings, as well as ample opportunity to discover charming villages, far-reaching landscapes and cascading waterfalls, Yorkshire is the perfect place to start creating memories that last a lifetime, we recommend:
- 1.Fountains Abbey: Yorkshire is home to some beautiful abbeys, and this one really doesn’t disappoint. The well-preserved Cistercian monastery ruins promises a fascinating day out. The adjoining Studley Royal Water Garden, designed in the 18th century, gives you the chance to stretch those legs and don’t forget to keep your eyes out for the wonderful wildlife nearby!
- 2.Hesketh Farm Park: Hesketh Farm Park is situated in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales, near the picturesque village of Bolton Abbey and is the perfect spot for a family day out, with plenty to do on site including tractor tours, petting and feeding the animals, there’s also a small café inside and a huge play area for all the family to enjoy.
- 3.The Forbidden Corner: The forbidden corner is the perfect place to take children or grandchildren. Set within a four-acre garden in Tupgill Park, explore secret paths, tunnels and labyrinths, while making decisions and avoiding tricks. This is a day out that will challenge and delight adults and children of all ages.
Our Park situated in North Wales is perfectly placed in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Offering stunning views of Snowdonia and the surrounding countryside, it’s the perfect place if you’re looking for adventure or relaxation.
- 1.GreenWood Family Park: – The perfect setting for a fun-filled day of activities as a family, this park was voted the Best Family Attraction in North Wales for 7 years running, with roller coasters, river rides, activities, live shows, crafts and even a maze, there’s more than enough to keep everyone entertained.
- 2.Beaumaris Castle: Located on the picturesque island of Anglesey, this castle has been under construction for 30 years, it’s famous as the greatest castle never built as it’s still incomplete to this day. Beaumaris has been labelled one of the 'finest examples of late 13th and early 14th Century military architecture in Europe' and even in its unfinished state it combines the beauty of perfect symmetry with a sense of ruthless power.
- 3.Snowdonia National Park: This beautiful, picture-postcard landscape is home to a sprawling network of trails and a magnificent collection of peaks, it’s a nature-lover’s paradise. With nine mountain ranges, there’s something for everyone, be it walking, cycling, climbing, horse riding or even water sports.
N.B. All holiday home images are for visual purposes only. All holiday homes will be provided according to the grade booked, however the holiday home model may vary upon arrival.