Usually the workaholics best friend, the slow cooker is a staple in many households. Popular for stews, casseroles and a heart-warming chilli – we’re going to blow your mind with how versatile the slow cooker really is!
Slow cooker bread
What you'll need...
- 500g strong white flour or strong wholemeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7g fast action dried yeast
- Combine the dried ingredients into a large mixing bowl and make a hole in the middle of the mixture with your finger.
- Pour in 350ml luke warm water into the hole in your bowl.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon until you form a dough
- On a lightly floured surface, knead your dough for roughly 10 minutes until your dough is elastic and smooth
- Place you ball of dough on a square of baking paper
- Lift your baking paper into your slow cooker, set the temperature to high and cover. Leave to bake for 2 hours
- Lift your bread out, and the bottom of the loaf should be crusty (you may need to cook for another 15 - 30 minutes to get your desired loaf)
N.B. All holiday home images are for visual purposes only. All holiday homes will be provided according to the grade booked, however the holiday home model may vary upon arrival.